Thank you for your interest in reviewing the Kimber curriculum. These textbooks were developed a number of years ago to fill a need for parents and teachers who wish to incorporate a love of learning in their students.
Not only can the Kimber curriculum be used in private schooling, but also for home schools, and as wholesome supplementary material for public school students.
As you glance through this website, you will notice that an INTRINSIC VALUE is attached to each subject.
- The Kimber MATH method is principle-based. It teaches students to apply mathematic principles to life. Students actually create and solve their own problems, thus learning to self-govern with correct principles. INTRINSIC VALUE: Learning Correct Principles and Governing Oneself.
- The Kimber HISTORY is based on "Hook Dates." Ten major dates are selected which cover a particular period of time (such as Old Testament and World History). To these dates is attached a significant personality of the time. Then to this information is attached a significant event. An example of this is 4,000 B.C. The personalities are Adam and Eve. The Events are the world's creation and the Fall. INTRINSIC VALUE: Learning to Ponder the Scriptures in Relation to God's Dealings With Mankind.
- The Kimber SCIENCE is based on a student's abilities to research, illustrate, and define particular vocabulary words. The guidebooks give assignments and work pages to complete, using conventional science books as guides, as well as the Scriptures. Students are thrilled when they see what they have accomplished at the end of the school year -- they have written and illustrated their own science book! INTRINSIC VALUE: Learning the Search the Scriptures (thus gaining a testimony of all God's Works).
- The Kimber LANGUAGE ARTS program is similar to the method used in Math and is also based on principles. Students 1) first learn the principle, 2) secondly, search the scriptures to see how that Language Arts principle is used in God's Word, and 3) lastly, use that principle in some kind of academic service to others -- such as thank you notes or gifts of poems, essays, letters, etc. INTRINSIC VALUE: Learning to use academics in service to others.
- The Kimber RELIGION program normally follows a study of the Book of Mormon. Also based on ten hook dates, students are able memorize this entire 1,000 year period of history in just minutes. All other stories of the Book of Mormon are "hooked" to those dates for greatest retention. A similar method is currently being developed for other religious faiths -- from the Koran, the Talmud, and the Old and New Testaments. INTRINSIC VALUE: Learning to APPLY God's word in the students' daily lives.
These values help the students to become the best servants of God that they can be.
The three goals which all the Kimber curriculum incorporate are:
1. To build a testimony
2. To teach the academic subject
3. To give opportunities to serve
We invite you to browse through this website, to see how the Kimber Curriculum could fulfill the academic and spiritual needs of your students and family.
Thank you again for your interest.